Power for Women
The power of a woman is rarely discussed in society, but it is discussed many times in the word of God. My promise to you through my blog is to shed light on these messages so we can increase our power and please God.
What is the formula for power?
The standard metric unit of power is the Watt. As is implied by the equation for power, a unit of power is equivalent to a unit of work divided by a unit of time.
Power = Work / time
What does this formula for power mean?
The more energy you exert in gaining knowledge of the kingdom of God, and the time you invest, results in knowing and receiving God’s power to overcome all your adversities. Ladies, your finances, your happiness, your children and future are based on this formula.
These are stressful times, with fires in California, volcanic eruptions in Hawaii, severe flooding from hurricanes in the south, our thoughts and purpose are under daily attack. Have you felt like you are in a battle? I hope you said, “yes”.
We have discussed what anxiety is, and what you can do about it, but there is a bigger struggle at hand spiritually. There is a war in the spiritual realm about one thing;
- To make women doubt God
When you struggle with anxiety, worry and stress you are dealing with doubt. Doubt has been the war against women since the Garden of Eden. The enemy is always bombarding us with insecurities, worries, and fears. This leads to you doubting what God has said or will do
The 3 secrets most Christian women don’t admit
- Women don’t trust God for all things about themselves
- Women don’t believe God for all things about themselves
- Women don’t have faith for all things about themselves
Secret #1 Trust God
- A firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Proverbs 3:5 ESV
“Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding”
Matthew 6:25 ESV
“Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”
Think about who you trust in your life? How did you come to trust them? How long did it take to trust them? Hmm
Trust comes from experience in a relationship with God. Do you pray when you need something, or do you pray for communion with God? God is not your ATM nor can he be manipulated. Do you understand, He has all knowledge of your weaknesses and strengths but still loves you?
You know how to trust people in your life;
- Your parents
- Your spouse
- Your friends
- Your Pastor
If you say, “Lisa, I don’t trust anybody.” I would say, “not true.”
Here is an example;
When you became employed, you believed your employer when he gave you the job offer. You went and made purchases based on that promise;
- rented an apartment or bought a home
- bought a car
- credit card charges
If you didn’t trust your employer you would have never put yourself at risk. When challenges arrive why do you not believe God will make a way? Could it be you are living the 50-80% of the Christian life? That might make me anxious if God will come through. Many women feel unworthy or unimportant to God which is another lie.
Solution to Trusting God
- Humble yourself and Repent for believing in yourself, someone or something vs. God
- Engage with God daily talking, reading the word, praise/worship/meditate on his promises
- Fellowship with other believers, coaching, mentoring for healing
- Develop patience
- Trust on Jeremiah 29:11 (memorize)
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Wait on the Lord
Secret #2 Believe God
- An acceptance that a statement is true that something or someone exists
- “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. “
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.” “He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies.”
Solutions for Believing
- I want to share no matter how many times you have messed up, God still has multiple plans to restore and exalt you.
- Read stories about Rahab, Ruth, Naomi. They were far from God’s plan but God restored their lives and exalted them to be in the lineage of Christ.
How can you believe God in all things?
When struggle comes nothing is too small or too big for God.
- Don’t make it complicated, make it honest.
- Say it out loud, ‘God shall provide a way for all my bills and needs.’ “God loves me and has plans to prosper me!”
- Your children belonged to God first, he will not let them go hungry or be forsaken.
Secret #3 Have Faith in God
- “And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him”
1 Peter 5:7
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you”
- “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”
Women are anxious because they can’t see the answer. That’s why we have faith. God has the answer so have faith in him.
Every woman has the power to cast down vain imaginations and to use her tongue to speak life over her family, finances, and future. It comes down to your investment of power from God. There are no shortcuts.
If you invest in releasing lies and obtaining your truth you shall be anointed with power to overcome the daily struggles. It doesn’t mean the struggles don’t happen. How you react and respond will change. The first step is saying yes to developing your power with God.
If we don’t have faith, we can’t please God and if we don’t cry out to him for help, we won’t get the reward or bring relief to our problems.
Success is always based on how much effort you put in, which results in what you get out.
Lisa Hawkins, the author of Amazon bestseller, “Christian Warrior Women,” ordained minister, coach, and executive. https://goo.gl/MjbRuU